28 December 2011

daily prayer

      Great morning! How are we faithing? How strong are your convictions? It's an interesting question. I've heard and even said myself that I'd die for Jesus but I hesitate the more I watch the world and the more I read the Word because of my fleshly fears. Death doesn't scare me. How I die is not a pleasant thought. Someone holds a gun to my head and asks if I'd die or renounce Jesus, pull the trigger buddy. Attach my limbs to 4 horses and be asked the same question and the thought of dismemberment that way and would I hesitate? So scenarios like those are direct but what about ridicule? Nobody likes to be thought ill of so will you stand in the face of laughter?  Shunning or disowning can have such a great effect on people that they sometimes will not stay steadfast. This is not to point fingers but designed for you to think and be honest with yourself. Ask some hard questions of yourself. Think of the worst thing that can happen to you and ask if it would cause you to back peddle on your faith. Don't beat yourself up over it, search scripture and settle the issue and if you can't on your own, ask your Pastor or whomever your Godly counselor is. Friends, you may or may not see these types of things happen to you in this country but as we progress further in history, one needs to take stock in the Word and prophecy and prepare because one day these things will take place. I sure hope and pray I have the courage to stand firm, how about you?



 ACTS 7:54-60

Stephen Put to Death 


54 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him. 55 But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56 and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”57 But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears and rushed at him with one impulse. 58 When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!”60 Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them!” Having said this, he fell asleep.




Remember the Covington family




Heavenly Father,
   Thank you for your Word. Thank you for your love that sustains us. Lord we ask for wisdom and courage. We ask for love and the ability to love genuinely. Lord we lift our families up to you. Show them truth and wisdom. Lord, thank you for your son that is alive and well today and forever. We want to see Jesus this day, in Jesus name, amen

No comments: