27 February 2012

daily prayer

      Good morning!  How are we faithing? Our perspective on things has a huge bearing on what we deem as necessary.  I have been guilty of visualizing what life should be like forgetting that my upbringing, culture and financial status has direct influence on perspective. We as Christians must take these things into account when we study the Word. Our goal ought not be to bring the huddled masses unto "our" place in society. Doing it all like our view does not mean it is right or even biblical. It's time to stop trying to seek out a savior that will give us all our wishes because our wishes are suspect. Our savior was and is in the trenches helping the sick and getting them to our stature isn't even in the equation. Do we help them come up? Of course but that is a result of compassion and not the goal. Our goal is to show them Jesus and what he has done for us. Us feeding hungry people or clothing cold people is what we do as a result of the love we now enjoy. Those things are what lead people to ask why we would do such things. My savior is a loving savior who doesn't give a hoot about socioeconomic status, political connections. The freedom of this country allows for social status to be climbed... or not... Like your church, like your status, like your society but never let it direct what the Word tells us because once you start that, you just opened up a huge door for a twist of scripture rationalization to fit you and your status.


Mat 6:24
No man can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.


Mat 4:10
  Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.


 Jos 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve Jehovah, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah.


remember Rachal and Tim Doughty...remember me as I get over this flu...


Heavenly Father,
  Thank you for your love and grace to save one such as me. You know all about me yet loved me enough to save me from myself. Lord I ask for wisdom to impart your love and your Word to the people I meet. In the name of Jesus we rebuke the dark forces that want to hinder the showing of your light. Teach us to act courageously. Show us what you see when we meet others. Lord guide our paths, speak to us constantly in Jesus name we pray, amen










No comments: