20 May 2022

 Good morning! How are we faithing? You know, we all face certain things in this life that are dependant on the right choice to deal with them. Using your turn signal to warn others of your intent to turn is a choice. Choose not to use it and an accident can ensue. It's the same way with our faith. Speaking platitudes of belief and then spewing vile sure doesn't convey a belief in Jesus. Think about this line of thought today. We as believers are still walking through this life as a human animal and all the pitfalls that come with it. It's hard when your spouse leaves. It's hard when your child turns to drugs. It's hard when you get robbed. It even sucks when you're late for work because that slow driving, sight seeing loafer on "your" road chooses 7:30 in the morning to joy ride. These sound familiar? Yep, me too. 35 in a 55 ticks me off. What we do with that reveals how we are with this whole "grace" thing. Irritating as it is, cursing and throwing a fit doesn't serve anyone. That guy is still enjoying his ride while you fume. All you've succeeded in achieving is high blood pressure. You, I, also shift focus from grace to ire. I in no way am saying you never get mad or are justified in that anger but what do you do with it? Pray. Seek Jesus' grace. Whistle and enjoy the ride because chances are YOU can't change it anyways. Jesus told us we are a reflection of God and that we serve him in everything. Yes that stubbed toe hurts and as we jump and cuss, remember Jesus and calm down. As we learn to focus on him even in these irritants, the big things are more easily handled. When we train ourselves with the little things, the big things can remain what they are and not lead us down a path we don't want. As you grow you become quickened to the Word and to the Holy Spirits promptings so these big things don't destroy you. Make sense? Look at these;


John 14:12-14
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.  You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
NIV

John 15:5-8
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
NIV

John 8:31-32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
NIV

2 Peter 1:5-9
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
NIV

Heavenly Father,
Lord we lift you up and ask forgiveness when we show things we ought not. Lord we are a weak animal and fall down a lot. Lord we want to see you always and ask for a calmness so we can hear you in times of stress. Lord keep our minds clear and focused on the real issues and not the irritants. Lord we ask you help those in need and open our eyes so we can be used by you. Thank you for your grace and love, in Jesus name we pray, amen

No comments: