19 July 2022

 Good morning! How are we faithing? Love is a huge subject with so many aspects. I want to talk about one. We can go to church, be diligent in our behavior, follow all the rules but if we do not love, we miss it. What good is it to pay attention to looking the part if we don't reach out to those who don't know God's love? What good does it do to follow all the ordinances out of duty if we don't do it with love? I meet people constantly that say they are turned off by church because the people are concerned with image rather than meeting needs. The Word talks about speaking platitudes and not really helping. Love would cause us to feed someone then speak of God rather than point and expect them to act. We ain't loving if all we do is dictate behavior. Jesus met the people where they were and loved them regardless. There are some unsavory things in this world but love overcomes all of them. Ever met someone who smells bad? Do you laugh and avoid them or do you ask if they have running water? Meeting needs in love is just as much practical as spiritual.

John 15:9-14
"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love. "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
NAS

Matthew 7:12
"Therefore, however you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
NAS

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
Let all that you do be done in love.
NAS

James 2:16-19
and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled ," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself. But someone may well say, "You have faith, and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works." You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
NAS

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for your love that you would give yourself for us. Lord forgive us when we judge and turn away from undesirables. Lord we pray for wisdom and courage to speak truth and provide needs wherever they are. We lift those who are hurting today and ask for blessings on all our endeavors. Protect our souls from attacks from the evil one, in Jesus' name, amen

No comments: