29 November 2022

  Good morning! How are we faithing? Jesus told us  we would do greater things than he did. He told us we would be empowered with the Holy Spirit. He told us anything we ask for we have.  He said "Knock and the door is opened for us, seek and we will find". We have not because we ask not. The Ferrari? The mansion? The yacht? Yeah but look at something here; how will you deal with those things? Will it just lead to wanting more? I know it does because drag racers just want to go faster, pilots want to fly higher, where does it end and where do we step out of God's will and into selfish will? Ah you say, there lies the conundrum.  There lies the crux of this whole wanting issue. Some things we want are not good for us therefore it stands to reason a father that loves us isn't going to give us things that will destroy us. Is it the things fault? No, it's our own. As a Dad, I would not give a loaded handgun to a five year old so if our Father in heaven sees something that will harm us, he isn't gonna give it to us. With that in mind, the next time you ask for something and it seems you don't get it in your time frame, don't diss the Father for being stingy, look at yourself honestly for how you will use or abuse it. 

JOHN 14:12-14
 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Heavenly Father,
  We ask for your wisdom and comfort. We ask for physical healing and spiritual enlightenment today. Teach us where we need to improve. Give us a thankful heart. We praise and honor your holy name and it is in that name we pray, amen

No comments: