01 November 2022

 Good morning! How are we faithing? Fitful sleep. I can't seem to shut my brain down. As I check myself so I do not cause pain or trouble for others I meet, I still have to maintain truth. I also have to be keenly aware of the necessity to speak or to shut up. With yesterdays daily in mind it is obvious this is happening;

Isa 5:20  Woe to those who call evil good and good evil; who put darkness for light and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! 

This century this is happening at a rapid pace to the point that this is not the culture I grew up in. Things are upside down. More and more I ponder my role in this time. I know we as believers in Jesus the Messiah must be ready at any time to show the compassion we would like to be shown, however, my flesh gets in the way when I watch this;

2Ti 3:1-5  Know this also, that in the last days grievous times will be at hand.   For men will be self-lovers, money-lovers, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,   without natural affection, unyielding, false accusers, without self-control, savage, despisers of good,   traitors, reckless, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,  having a form of godliness, but denying the power of it; even turn away from these. 

All of those things hinder life and yet they continue. I look in the mirror concerned that I don't participate in those things so I can share truth. I can only serve God and know my limitations. It's not always easy when the Dad hackles on my neck stand up when I see kids enduring those exact things. I have to remember that I am not in charge but I must speak to evil when presented with it. Where is the line we turn away? Is there a line? So many thoughts and concerns for the youth'''

Heavenly Father,                                                                                                                                             Thank you for your Word that is the only truth. Help us be courageous when we encounter evil. Help us speak truth in love. Let us be the light to a dark world. Let us help this generation see you. Lord , forgive our failings, we pray this day in Jesus name, amen

No comments: