02 August 2023

      Good morning! How are we faithing? As I watch nature I understand Jesus when he talks about vines and branches and fruit. I have a pine tree out front of my house and it has a vine that is growing up on it. I do not want the vine to take over the tree so I cut it off at the ground. Well the vine died of course and the branches of the pine greened up more. It's like the vine was encroaching the pine and taking away nutrients. That vine is like satan pulling our attention from God when we should be growing like the pine branches and producing pine cones i.e. good works. Let the Word explain better than I can;

 Joh 15:1-8  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciple

Heavenly Father, Thank you for salvation. Help us see who we trust in and how outside distractions can hinder. Help us cut those things away that are not fruit of you. Help us see truth in your Words. In Jesus name, amen

No comments: