19 August 2022

 Good morning! How are we faithing? I go from happy and praising God to ticked and sometimes frightened when people don't know what merge and yield means. I get downright indignant when I see someone reading or texting while drifting into my lane. Being on the road every day affords me the privilege of seeing all the dumb moves people make...me included. We can get so wrapped up in watching the performances of others that we miss our own faux pas'. How is it we see wrongs committed against us but miss those we toss out? Has our own arrogance elevated us above reproach? Do we really think we can say we are better than those pagans over there? If we are indeed doing that, we have moved from a redeemed sinner, to a self indulgent-self righteous hypocrite. Now we all sin and falter and I think as we grow in faith, we do get better but it is not a case of rising above everybody else because where we gain we can also lose. Whenever we start to think we can do things and we don't need God to be with us all the time, that is when we stumble and fall. That person that cuts you off and gives you the dirty look like it's his road and we should do his bidding is just as deserving of the savior as you. Sure we want to fatten their lip or wish the police fairy would materialize and bust em, we still need to lift them up rather than curse them down. As believers and as Christians we must remember what Christ taught us and must not forget where we came from. So the next time you almost get creamed, try to bless them and not curse them. This is a good thing for our attitude and heck man, they may be bad drivers or their child could have just been killed or something and they need that prayer.


James 1:26-27
If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
NIV

Ps 119:65-72
Do good to your servant according to your word, O LORD.
Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands.
Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.
You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.
Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies, I keep your precepts with all my heart. Their hearts are callous and unfeeling, but I delight in your law. It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.
NIV

1 Cor 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
NIV

Heavenly Father,
Help us take the reins of our anger and indignation. Help us see the bigger issues in calamity. Lord, come into out conscience immediately when others hurt or threaten our safety. Lord we wish all would come to know you and rely on you. Protect our kids on foreign soil and those at home. Bless this country and keep your hand on us, in Jesus name, amen

No comments: